After a while, I started to settle upon a few useful tools including a custom brush or two that I picked up along the way. But this introduced a different problem. I couldn’t quickly get to the brush I wanted.
The Problem with the default Procreate Brush Layout
One brush I used was in the top section of pencils, another in the final imported set I had created. Another was somewhere around the middle in the brushes set.
This added friction and time when sketchnoting and took more mental processing power.
A simpler app without the power features except when I was sketchnoting a book or other content where I could take my time.
Saving time and mental energy with a Custom, Sketchnote Brush Set
A month or so ago I solved my transition problem with a simple solution.
A custom set of brushes specifically for sketchnoting.
This is the digital representation of my dual micron set up. A thin pen, thick pen and brush pen for a wide variety of basic needs. Then a couple more experiments and textures for other purposes.
This allows me to use the app I really like with creative limits and I can add more to my sketchnotes later.
If you’d like to download my custom set of procreate brushes for sketchnoting. Click this link.